Most kitchens last somewhere between 10-15 years, depending on the wear and tear you have given it. So if your kitchen is on its last legs and you’re thinking what will you do with the space you have, here is some advice on kitchen layout from Andy at Savvy Kitchens in Thurles, Co Tipperary;
• Start off by looking at your kitchen space because the type of kitchen layout you choose will depend on the amount of space you have. If you’re ripping out existing units, you don’t have to stick to the previous layout. But if it’s a small space, you may be stuck with making the most of what you’ve got.
• Think about what you do in your kitchen and work these zones in your plan. Food preparation, cooking, serving and washing-up are the four main jobs a kitchen needs to do. Make sure each zone has enough worktop space, storage and all the necessary appliances nearby. Have a think about what else you do/would like to do in your kitchen? Do you want a place to sit down? A place for the kids to do their homework? A spot for the dog?
• Think about how you cook, eat and shop as well as what you like and don’t like about your current kitchen. Get together with everyone in your family and ask for their input – even the kids.
• Think about the ‘work triangle’ – which dictates the sink, cooker and fridge should form the corners of a triangle in relation to each other. Sinks traditionally live under the window only because access to the plumbing is easier.
• Look through magazines and the Internet and start picking pictures of kitchen styles and products that you like. This is your chance to dream!
• Start visiting kitchen showrooms in the area for ideas to inspire you.
For further information please call Andy on (086) 8098121 or e-mail email@example.com
Contact: Andy Spillane
Name of Company: Savvy Kitchens
Savvy Kitchens Thurles Co Tipperary
Phone: 086 8098121
Web Site: www.savvykitchens.ie